As its website recently published:
How we help your business
Roberto Santana (MBA, Eng) is a Quality Management and Performance Improvement Analyst; a problem solver with 18+ years of experience in production and service industries.
Clients appreciate our standard of excellence
Quality Management Services: QMS Auditor / Lead Auditor on ISO 9001/19011, Strategic Planning, Business Analyst, Statistical Analysis.
- Adopts high-‐level structure and terminology of Annex SL, a unified guideline used for the development of all new ISO standards
- Has been redrafted to increase clarity and accessibility, reducing room for interpretation
- Introduces two new clauses relating to the context of the organization, which require the organization to determine the issues and requirements that can impact on the planning of the quality management system and can be used as an input into the development of the quality management system. These clauses can be found in sections 4.1 and 4.2.
- Makes the adoption of a process approach in the implementation of a quality management system more explicit, by including clause 4.4.2, which specifies the requirements for the adoption of a process approach
- Replaces the term ‘products’ by ‘goods and services’, in order to remove the existing bias towards organizations dealing with physical products. As a result, the new standard will be applicable for organizations of any kind.
- Does not contain a clause with specific requirements for preventive action. ISO motivates this decision by arguing that prevention is the task of the quality management system in its entirety, as opposed to a specific subsection of it.
ISO 9001:2008. Things to improve / change.
In more than 15 years providing Consulting Services, this has been the section of ISO 9001 that has encountered more resistance; Specialist always talk about the possibility of:
- Change the wording,
- making it 'exhaustive', Specific.
- To make this Section SMART (as per definition of SMART Objectives: Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic,Time-Bound)
Well, let's hope for the best, this new edition, currently under review, will be available in late 2015.